Overview of Inspire Mountain View Rules
The Inspire Mountain View Community Challenge is a grant contest for three grants, one for $25,000, one for $50,000, and one for $100,000 to address issues and/or improve the quality of life in Mountain View, California. Judging will be done by a panel of Mountain View community members and through voting by the public. The primary goal of this contest is to develop innovative new ways to improve the community.
- Proposed projects must benefit the community of Mountain View, California, including people working and living in the city.
- The contest is open to:
- 501(c)(3) nonprofits
- An individual, government agency, or for-profit organization that is teamed up with a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (grants must be given to a nonprofit)
- An organization that is fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
- The Inspire Mountain View Challenge is open for grant submissions from noon on February 14, 2017 through 11:59pm on March 15, 2017.
- In order to submit a proposal, follow the “Apply” link and complete the application form. Applicants specify the grant level for which they are competing when applying.
- Winning projects must be completed with the grant award amount within 12 months of receiving the award.
- A panel of community members will judge and select applicants at each grant level for public voting. Applications will be judged using the following criteria:
- Innovation and creativity – How is this project different from others? Is this a creative way to tackle an issue? What makes the project unique?
- Feasibility of project to be completed within 1 year and within proposed budget – Is there a well-developed, realistic plan to execute on the proposal? Has the applicant identified the right partner(s) for implementation?
- Measurable impact – How will the proposed project impact lives? How many people will be affected if successful and to what extent? Does the proposal identify the size of the problem and how the proposed idea will help solve it?
- Could this be replicated and used in other communities?
- Proposals selected by the judges will be made available for public voting. For each of the three grant levels, the proposal garnering the largest number of public votes will be reviewed and confirmed as a winner by Los Altos Community Foundation.
- All winners of the Inspire Mountain View Challenge will be grantees of the Los Altos Community Foundation and agree to the Official Rules of the contest.
Read the complete Inspire Mountain View Official Rules.